With their enrolment in the college the students have the obligation to obey the rules and adhere to the discipline of the college. Students are enjoined to obey the following rules:
- Students in the campus shall join the morning prayer respectfully.
- Students must be neat and clean in body and spirit and should behave with courtesy and dignity. They should show due respect to all the members of the staff. Disobedience and misconduct will be seriously dealt with.
- Students should enter their classrooms at the first bell and remain in their places in perfect silence. Those who are free during any period are not allowed to loiter on the verandahs during the class hours. They must go to the reading room.
- Students must attend classes with regularity and punctuality and shall refrain from any action that may disturb the smooth functioning of the college.
- No student shall enter or leave the class room during the class time without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- No student shall enter the class other than his own without the permission of the Principal during the class time or intervals.
- Students are not permitted to approach any college authority in groups as such action is subversive of orderly academic life.
- All college property should be handled with great care. Scribbling and dirtying the walls in any way are strictly prohibited. Loss or destruction of college property will be chargeable individually or collectively. No article of furniture shall be displaced.
- Students must observe the rules of the college given by the Principal from time to time. Complaints if any must be brought to the notice of the principal through the class teacher.
- Students should keep their identity cards with them while in the campus and produce it on demand for inspection by any member of the staff or other college authorities. Identify card is to be produced to the office for issuing any kind of certificate from the college, remitting fees etc. If the card is lost, duplicate may be issued at the students expense with the special permission of the principal.
- Political activity is strictly banned in the campus. Students shall not resort to any strikes, dharna, picketing or conduct any procession within the campus. (See item 5 the University Students’ Code of Conduct Rules 2005)
- Without prior sanction of the principal, students are not permitted (a) to convene or attend meetings of any sort in any circumstance anywhere in the college buildings or its permises, (b) to set up entertainments or organise social functions in the college, (c) to make use of megaphones and loudspeakers in the campus, (d) to invite for any function in the college persons who are not on the faculty of the college, (e) to collect subscriptions of any kind, (f) to put up notices or hoist flags of any organisation or to display banners, posters etc. any where in the campus, (g) to place any paper, periodical or book in the reading room or circulate them in the college.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks and drugs are strictly forbidden in the campus and such acts shall invite serious disciplinary action.
- All correspondence officially addressed to the Principal should contain reply postage.
- All notices to the students will be put up on the notice boards.
- Any student (1) who is persistently insubordinate (2) who is repeatedly or wilfully mischievous and (3) who in the opinion of the Principal is likely to have an unwholesome influence on his fellow students shall be removed from the rolls temporarily or permanently or may be served with a compulsory TC. according to the gravity of the offence. The Principal may refuse the grant of the term certificate for a specified period and may also report their case to the University so that they may be dealt with under University regulations.
- Students are not allowed to use mobile phones in the college campus and Hostels via G.O.No.RT/No.346/05 Higher Edn.Dtd.01.03.2005. Students who violate this rule shall be penalised and the phones will be confiscated.
- Ragging: Ragging of students is forbidden and is punishable by rustication or expulsion from the college. As per directives of the Honorable Supreme Court and M. G. University Letter No. AC A1/2/1647/07 Anti Ragging Squads are made each year to ensure that no ragging takes place. (See page No 62) M.G. University Students’ Code of Codnuct Rules 2005.